10 July 2009

Road Trip

So I'm in the process of moving to Seattle and have been worried about finding enough places to eat on the road and have been throughly impressed with the places that are everyday haunts for many, that have been extremely accommodating. We stopped at a Subway in Wyoming, somewhere between Cheyenne and Casper and when I asked them to change their gloves, they just did and treated my salad with great care trying to avoid cross-contamination and I was overly impressed by this, especially since we happened in there during a busy time of day- the great lunch time. After we hit the road again, I grabbed snacks that I had packed as I was concerned about finding food I could eat at the gas stations and what not. We stayed the night in Montana and ate at a Famous Dave's. When I asked for a gluten-free menu, they had a list typed up and the manager also came by and went over it to ensure I knew what I could and couldn't eat. With a glass of wine in hand and food in my belly, our first day on the road turned out to be a great learning experience and I was happy to come across very understanding people on the road who not only knew what gluten was but also took great care in helping make sure there was somethign I could eat!

No comments: