30 September 2008

Johnny Carino's

So for my birthday last week, one of my dear friends took me out to dinner, my choice. I had heard that Noodles and Company had a gluten-free selection but couldn't find anything on their website so I decided to go with Johnny Carino's cause I knew they had a gluten-free menu and it was easy to find on the website. When we got there, I ended up seeing a friend of mine that I use to work with so we sat in her section, knowing I would get better service on what I wanted because I knew her and I was right. Liz was fabulous! I was craving spicy and she said that I could get anything I wanted spicy, just to tell her. It took me a bit to decide what I wanted to eat, but once I figured it out and it came, man was I a happy girl!

They pretty much say that any item with pasta can be substituted with sautéed green beans and spinach and potatoes. We got the only appetizer that I could, with the bread on the side, Shrimp Scampi. Delicious! I went with the Chicken Scaloppini, extra spicy with the green beans and spinach. I do definitely recommend going there because they are a great place that can accomodate a gluten-free diet!

No comments: